Saturday, August 4, 2012

Denny's Interview with Monica




Recently, I was fortunate to able to talk to my friend Monica, who works at Denny's.  I am not familiar with Denny's myself, so I was able to learn some information about this restaurant chain.  Enjoy the interview.

Introduction: My name is Monica and I am a former pharmacy student at St. John's University. I am transferring to the Richard Stockton College in the fall as a biochemistry major. I will miss all of the St. John's friends that I made, especially Eric Char. Lol. Ever since I moved to Galloway, NJ from Atlantic City, I have fallen in love with America's diner, Denny's. I decided to apply for a summer job and fortunately, I was able to get it!

Questions:

1. To be honest, I am not that familiar with Denny’s. What is it?

Denny's is an American diner that is open 24/7. It's known as "America's Diner." There are over 4600 Denny's worldwide. 

2. What is your job at Denny’s? 

Currently, I am a server (waitress). But before, I was hired as a hostess as preparation to becoming a server.

3. How long have you been working there?

I started working there at the beginning of June so almost 2 months.

4. What are the most popular foods at Denny’s?

Denny's is probably the most famous for its breakfast. But we serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner any time of the day. 

5. Are there any specials going on right now?

Right now, we have our "Tour of America" special menu in addition to our core menu. We have six meals inspired by American places- Midwest Sandwich, Malibu fish tacos, Brooklyn Spaghetti and Meatballs, Florida Sunshine Salad, Southern Slam, and the Red, White, and Blue pancakes/breakfast. We also have a $2, $4, $6, $8 menu that allows people to chose certain food items based on those respective prices.


6. What do you mean by the $2 $4 $6 $8 menu? For example, can I pay $2 and still get myself some pancakes and milk?

There are different options you can get with the $2 $4 $6 $8 option. For example, off the top of my head, you can get two pancakes or cheese quesadillas or a pancake puppy sundae or a biscuit w/ gravy and an egg or hashbrowns for $2. 

For $4, you can get a skillet cookie dessert, the Everyday Value Slam (pancakes, eggs, and sausage or bacon), or chicken wraps.

For $6, you can get a burger and fries, a chicken sandwich...

For $8, you can get an even bigger option breakfast or chicken parmesan, etc. These options come with a drink.
All you need to do is pay tax, too.

7. Has working at Denny’s taught you anything about food and nutrition? If so, what?

Denny's is my first job. Personally, I believe I have been spoiled ever since a child. I never had to cook for the family because my parents and grandparents always took care of that. Therefore, I don't know a lot about food- prepping it, cooking it, cross-contamination, etc. So yes, I have learned a lot and I'm still learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment