Monday, July 23, 2012

$1.99 Jamba Juice Oatmeal!



This morning, for a morning snack, I drove to Jamba Juice at my local mall to get some of their oatmeal.  The description on their menu says "organic steel-cut oats slow-cooked with soymilk".  From Monday-Friday until 12 noon, you can purchase their steel-cut oatmeal for a cheap price of $1.99!  "Flavors" include fresh bananas, apple cinnamon, and blueberry & blackberry.

A picture of some oatmeal flavors:


I tried the apple cinnamon and blueberry-blackberry flavors.  In my opinion, the apple cinnamon one tastes better.  To me, plain oatmeal tastes...plain.  But the toppings add some much needed flavor and sweetness to the oatmeal.  And throw in the optional brown sugar, and you get even more sweetness.  Even though the cup may look small, the portion size is enough to fill you up for a few hours at the very least.

I used to hate oatmeal because of the blandness, but now I am starting to like it a bit (only with toppings and sugar).  Oatmeal is a good source of fiber, which may help reduce the risk of heart disease.  Oatmeal is also a good source of carbohydrates, which give you energy.  In addition, it is a cheap (money-wise) but good way to keep you full in the morning so you won't keep reaching for those cookies.  A cup of apple cinnamon oatmeal from Jamba Juice contains 290 calories, 1 gram saturated fat, and 60g carbs.

Even if you are not a fan of oatmeal, I suggest you give it a try.  I didn't think I would ever like oatmeal, but slowly, I am changing my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment